The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks


No. of pages: 221
Rating: 10/10

Synopsis: The Notebook, a Southern-fried story of love-lost-and-found-again, revolves around a single time-honored romantic dilemma: will beautiful Allie Nelson stay with Mr. Respectability (to whom she happens to be engaged), or will she hook up with Noah, the romantic rascal she left so many years ago? Decades later, after Allie develops Alzheimer's, her beau uses "the notebook" to read her the story of the great love she can't remember.

Review: I wanted to read this, like many people, after I saw the rather popular film, and I doubted the book could live up to how lovely the film was. I was wrong! The book is beautiful, both the style in which it's written and the story itself. I was so glad to see that very little had been changed in transition from book to film, and that in itself is pretty rare! Both Allie and Noah are incredibly loveable characters, and I'm so glad that Allie makes the choice she does, although it is pretty predictable that she will. I will definitely be buying more books by this author in the future!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis


up