Personal Demon by Kelley Armstrong


No. of pages: 476
Rating: 8/10
Series: Women Of The Otherworld (Book 8)

Synopsis: Hope Adams, tabloid journalist and half-demon, inherited her Bollywood-princess looks from her mother. From her demon father, she inherited a hunger for chaos, and a talent for finding it. Like full demons, she gets an almost sexual rush from danger - in fact, she thrives on it. But she is determined to use her gifts for good. When the head of the powerful Cortez Cabal asks her to infiltrate a gang of bored, rich, troublemaking supernaturals in Miami, Hope can't resist the excitement. But trouble for Hope is intoxicating, and soon she's in way too deep. With a killer stalking the supernatural hot spots of Miami, Hope finds herself dangerously entangled, and has no choice but to turn to her crooked werewolf ex-boyfriend for help. What started as a simple investigation has spiralled into chaos. And Hope finds chaos irresistible ...

Review: Hope is a new character in the series, having only just popped up in the last book, so I knew I wouldn't feel as connected to her as I have done with the other characters that are in the forefront of the series. I don't really feel her supernatural power brings much to the table, I prefer most of the other ones, although it was interesting to read about a much different power. All in all, I think this was my least liked book so far in the series, I didn't dislike it, but I think the other ones are more interesting to read, both the stories and the characters.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis


up