The Treatment by Mo Hayder


No. of pages: 397
Rating: 6/10

Synopsis: Midsummer, and in an unassuming house on a quiet residential street on the edge of Brockwell Park in south London, a husband and wife are discovered, imprisoned in their own home. Badly dehydrated, they've been bound and beaten, and the husband is close to death. But worse is to come: their young son is missing. When DI Jack Caffery of the Met's AMIT squad is called in to investigate, the similarities to events in his own past make it impossible for him to view this new crime with the necessary detachment. And as Jack digs deeper, as he attempts to hold his own life together in the face of ever more disturbing revelations about both the past and the present, the real nightmare begins...Horrifying, unforgettable, intense, The Treatment is a novel that touches the raw nerve of our darkest imaginings.

Review: I didn't realise when I started reading this, that there's another book that proceeds this one, and it's referred too quite a lot during this book, so you'd really need to read Birdman first. As for this book, it's very dark, I found it hard going to keep reading about something so depraved, but I perservered, and then felt frustrated at the ending. The storyline is not to my taste really as the whole book revolves around a pedophile ring that like young boys, but I didn't realise that before I started reading. I found it a bit too graphic, and felt that more language was used than really necessary. But the mystery part of the book is woven well, and I was surprised at some of the revelations near the end.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis


up