The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong


No. of pages: 390
Rating: 9/10
Series: Darkest Powers (Book 1)

Synopsis: My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again.

All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don't even know what that means anymore. It all started on the day that I saw my first ghost—and the ghost saw me.

Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won't leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a "special home" for troubled teens. Yet the home isn't what it seems. Don't tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? It's up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House… before its skeletons come back to haunt me.

Review: All Chloe wants is to be a normal 15 year old girl that fits in, which is kind of hard when she's constantly changing schools. But finally she feels like she's found her place at her new art school... that is until she sees a ghost and has a complete melt down. It's insisted that Chloe go to Lyle House, a place for troubled teenagers with mental problems, in the hopes she can be helped. But then Chloe and the other teenage residents of Lyle House start finding out disturbing things about the house, and must hurry to find out what's really happening there...

I am a huge fan of Kelley Armstrong's, so I knew going into this that I was going to love the books and that they were going to be great, and I was right! As with her Women Of The Otherworld series, Kelley mixes a haunting story with great characters and some action, and pulls off yet another fantastic book. All of the characters are beautifully written, but my favourites are Chloe and Derek, I loved seeing their troubled relationship evolve, and I can't wait to see how it carries on in the next few books. The storyline was gripping, and I loved the twist at the end, which I didn't see coming at all, but makes for a very interesting lead in to the next book. I have to admit, I did find it almost impossible to put down and cannot wait to read the next two books. Would definitely recommend this to everyone, as there's a bit of everything in it, and it's just so well written!

1 comments:

Erika said...

i think i have to start on this series. it sounds really good! great review :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis


up