Top Ten Picks: Must Haves For The Summer

Top Ten Picks is a weekly meme by Jillian about your top 10 picks! Each week, there will be a different theme and this weeks theme is 'must haves for the summer'. So here are my top 10 summer must haves (in no particular order) ~

1. Books

Photobucket

Of course, as a bookworm, books are always a must have! At the moment I'm on a big YA kick, so I can imagine that is what I'm going to be reading a lot of this summer.

2. Salads

Photobucket

I'm one of those people that really struggles to eat when it's so hot out, so I spend most of the summer living off of salads and cold chicken pasta.

3. Chilled drinks

Photobucket

All my drinks have to be chilled during the summer, I hate drinking anything that's tepid or hot and so I buy lots of bottled water and cans of coke and keep them in the fridge.

4. A fan

Photobucket

Our bedroom gets so hot during the summer, it's unbearable, so we have a fan running pretty much all the time during the summer.

5. Ice creams from the ice cream van

Photobucket

We have an ice cream van that stops outside our house every afternoon, and so it gets pretty tempting to indulge quite often, especially when it's boiling hot. I love to get the chocolate nut sundae and it's delicious! :)

6. Summery clothes

Photobucket

Time to put away the thick socks and jumpers and crack out the strappy tops, flowy dresses and shorts! I always like to wear bright colours in the summer too.

7. Sunglasses

Photobucket

I wear prescription sunglasses, so mine are never as funky as the ones you can get in the highstreet unfortunately, but I find my sunglasses invaluable in the summer as my eyes are quite sensitive, and the sun glare can give me a headache pretty quickly.

8. Sandals

Photobucket

I love it when it's time to get out the sandals, especially as I'm a huge fan of the current gladiator sandal trend. It's just so much nicer to wear sandals rather than shoes or trainers, don't you think?

9. BBQ's

Photobucket

BBQ's are the staple of our summer, as we seem to have them quite often. I love the grilled food, but I also really enjoy the social aspect of having a BBQ too, it's always nice to spend an evening with friends having a great time.

10. Dance & pop music

Photobucket

For some reason, summer always makes me want to listen to really upbeat, dancy music! So during the summer I make a playlist of my favourite songs that fit in this catagory and listen to them all summer long! :)

So what are your summer must haves?

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Great choices and I love those pictures :)

Jillian said...

Okay, can I just say I'm in love with what that girl is wearing in #6. Aahhh I want that dress! :)

Awesome picks this week, Kelly! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis


up