Top Ten Picks: Favourite Book Quotes

Top Ten Picks is a weekly meme by Jillian about your top 10 picks! Each week, there will be a different theme and this weeks theme is 'favourite book quotes'. So here are my top 10 favourite quotes (in no particular order) ~

Photobucket

1. "You don't know what goes on in anyone's life but your own. And when you mess with one part of a person's life, you're not messing with just that part. Unfortunately, you can’t be that precise and selective. When you mess with one part of a person's life, you're messing with their entire life. Everything...affects everything."
~ Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher


2. "I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough."
~ The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks


3. "Long ago, men went to sea, and women waited for them, standing on the edge of the water, scanning the horizon for the tiny ship. Now I wait for Henry. He vanishes unwillingly, without warning. I wait for him. Each moment that I wait feels like a year, an eternity. Each moment is as slow and transparent as glass. Through each moment I can see infinite moments lined up, waiting. Why has he gone where I cannot follow?"
~ The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger


4. "I wanted to tell the book thief many things, about beauty and brutality. But what could I tell her about those things that she didn't already know? I wanted to explain that I am constantly overestimating and underestimating the human race - that rarely do I ever simply estimate it. I wanted to ask her how the same thing could be so ugly and so glorious, and its words and stories so damning and brilliant."
~ The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


5. "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
~ Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling


6. "It's possible to go on, no matter how impossible it seems, and that in time, the grief...lessens. It may not go away completely, but after a while it's not so overwhelming."
~ Dear John by Nicholas Sparks


7. "So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them."
~ The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky


8. "In a place far away from anyone or anywhere, I drifted off for a moment."
~ The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami


9. "I know there’s evil in the world, and there always has been. But you don’t need to believe in Satan or demons to explain it. Human beings are perfectly capable of evil all by themselves."
~ The Mephisto Club by Tess Gerritsen


10. "You must walk alone to find your soul."
~ Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson


So what are your favourite quotes?

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Oo00oh I love that photo! Willy Wonka is a wise person ;)

And yes, I absolutely love #3. The Time Traveler's Wife was wonderfully written, regardless of how some people think negatively of it.

Such great picks this week, Kelly! I loved all of these!

brandileigh2003 said...

You won an award- you can view it here: http://blkosiner.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-won-award.html

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis


up